An Aggressive Motor Cycle Injury Lawyer To Get Justice
According to the most recently published (2019) South Carolina Traffic Collision Fact Book, the SC Department of Public Safety details that:
- A fatal car wreck every 9.4 hours, for a total of 1,006 for the year 2019.
- A motorcyclist killed every 3 days, for a total of 125 for the year 2019.
- A bicyclist killed every 13.5 days, for a total of 27 for the year 2019.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Even though motorcycles share the same inherent risks that passenger and commercial vehicle operation has, not all forms of transportation have dangers exclusive to them as motorcycle riding does. Listed below are all common causes of a motorcycle accident.
Should any of them seem familiar to your particular circumstances, do not hesitate to contact us at 843-800-8663 today:
- Size and Height – Motorcycles are hard to see because they have a smaller visual outline when compared to passenger and commercial vehicles. Because of their size and height, seeing them in a blind spot or behind several cars in an intersection can be quite difficult, creating a significant hazard for motorcyclists.
- Potholes and Other Obstacles – A passenger or commercial vehicle can navigate through potholes, oil slicks, and debris on the road with relative ease, but all of those factors can cause a devastating motorcycle accident. Normally, these fall under the responsibility of the local municipality to fix. Not doing so leaves roads in a poor condition and a municipality liable for your motorcycle accident.
- Balance – Higher speeds can cause a motorcycle to become unstable. Sometimes, however, it isn’t always the contributing factor. An issue with the wheel alignment can be the root cause of a motorcycle accident, prompting legal action against the manufacturer.
- The Manufacturer – Compromised or defective wheels, tires, brakes, or steering can fail at a moment’s notice, causing a gruesome accident if the motorcyclist is traveling at high speeds. It is the duty of the manufacturer to ensure that the product they are creating and distributing is in an optimal working condition.
- Other Drivers – While this is a shared danger among all forms of transportation, it is a more severe risk for motorcyclists. Passenger car drivers that operate their car in a negligent manner—e.g. aggressive driving, drunk driving, distracted driving, and speeding to name a few—can cause an accident that leaves a motorcyclist with debilitating injures, or worse.
Motorcycle accidents can prompt other claims like personal injury, product liability, and property rights, so getting together with an experienced motorcycle accident firm like Lowcountry Law is your best option in order to explore what kind of claims you can file and what kinds of monetary compensation you qualify for. Of course, this all depends on the types of damages you incur financially, physically, and mentally.
What Kind of Injuries are Caused by a Motorcycle Accident?
Throughout our years in practice, we have seen it all in terms of injuries sustained by our clients. Many have suffered from injuries such as:
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Friction Burns and/or Other Types of Burns
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
As stated earlier, since motorcycles offer little to no protection, death becomes more of a frequent possibility resulting from a motorcycle accident. Due to this circumstance, surviving family members may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim if negligence played a part in their loved one’s death, whether it be from the manufacturer of the motorcycle or a distracted driver.
What Kind of Compensation is Awarded in a Motorcycle Claim?
The last thing you need to worry about is how you are going to afford getting treatment for your injuries, funeral costs that come with burying a loved one, or repair costs incurred because your motorcycle was totaled. The period after your motorcycle accident should be spent recuperating.
Lowcountry Law has also made a name for itself in how we handle our clients cases. We excel at retrieving full monetary compensation for our clients such as:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages and Diminished Earning Capacity
- Pain and Suffering
- Permanent Disfigurement
- Physical Impairment
We don’t just stop there, however. Lowcountry Law can seek out further options toward compensation that may include punitive damages. These damages are meant to punish and deter those who acted in a negligent, malicious, or fraudulent manner, ultimately causing your injury or loss.
Why You Need Lowcountry Law on YOUR side!
When you’re caught right into the aftermath of a motorcycle accident all alone, knowing what to do next can be a hard thing to figure out. To ease this process for you, here are a few things that our motorcycle attorneys can help you with:
- Help You Get the Medical Assistance You Need – Since motorcyclists are not protected by a frame like passenger vehicle drivers are, they can sustain severe injuries like head, back, neck, arm, and leg trauma. Our attorneys have developed professional relationships with local medical personnel that are gifted at treating your specific injury. Even if you don’t have health insurance, we can negotiate with doctors to set up alternative methods of payment for your treatment.
- Help You File a Claim for Your Property – Motorcycles can sustain heavy damage if they are involved in an accident. Our attorneys can help you file a claim to repair your old bike or get a new one. We can get you back on the road in no time, once you’ve decided the time is right.
- Investigate Your Motorcycle Accident – Our motorcycle lawyer has specific access to police reports, crash photos, witness interviews, and other information about the crash at the scene. To help us achieve this, local accident reconstruction specialists can help us understand more in-depth the intricate details pertaining to what and who caused your accident.
- Help You File a Lawsuit – If for any reason your claim cannot be settled without litigation, our motorcycle accident attorneys can help you file a lawsuit in the appropriate court.
- Negotiate a Settlement – Our motorcycle lawyer excels at aggressive negotiation when at the table with insurance companies that don’t want to budge, and persuasive in the courtroom during trial. We are prepared for anything, and we will succeed at earning the full monetary compensation you deserve.
- Collect What You Are Owed – Nothing pleases us more than collecting what you are owed from the defense. Whether it is a settlement that was reached or a verdict that was issued, we can collect the compensation you need quickly, giving you the means to take your life back into your own hands.
Lowcountry Law Motorcycle Injury attorneys are eager to help you receive justice from those that harmed you. Don’t continue to suffer in silence alone. Hire our law firm to get you started on your road to recovery today. Throughout this process, you can count on Lowcountry Law to protect your right to compensation, ensure you meet all applicable deadlines, and manage all communications about your wrongful death case. Attorney Breen has achieved justice for clients who have lost loved ones.
Call For A Free Consultation and Claim Evaluation